Thursday, June 5, 2008

R.I.P. Kitty


It is a sad day here at The Funny Farm. We awoke to find our beloved Kitty had been killed during the night. Could have been one of the mean dogs that we have seen wandering loose around the neighborhood. Could have been the fox that has been spotted out by the pond  I guess. Anyway whatever did the deed cannot be blamed. It was doing what comes naturally.
Kitty was a killer too. When we lived in the city she killed many chipmunks and proudly left them for us at the door. Out here on the farm she took out many voles and mice down in what came to be known as the killing field. She was doing us a service by eliminating what we think of as pests.
I buried her in the corner of the killing field so she can continue on with the eternal hunt.
The circle of life goes round and round.
We miss you Kitty!

2 comments:

GBK Gwyneth said...

Oh no, poor Kitty :(

Loose dogs have been a problem in Pine Lake. A number of kitties, including one of ours, have been killed by dogs.

Robbyn said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for your cat! I had a special cat in my life, and still miss him...